Our commitment to privacy
We may update this policy from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This policy was updated on 1st October 2017.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What we collect
The types of personal information we collect may differ depending on your relationship with us. Personal information includes:
- in the case of the general public contacting us to make a complaint, provide feedback, submit an enquiry or request a product replacement – your full name, physical address, email address and phone number/s;
- in the case of the general community of supporters and subscribers who wish to be kept informed of our latest news, promotions or products, or who register their interest to receive more information about the business– your full name, physical address, email address and phone number/s;
- in the case of customers purchasing our products via our online store or through an online corporate order – your full name, physical address, email address, phone number/s and credit card details;
- in the case of market research participants – your name, physical address, email address, phone number/s; age, gender and occupation;
- in the case of workforce candidates (including potential employees, contractors and volunteers) – information which may be contained in a resume and which may be recorded during any interview or pre-employment checking; and
- in the case of trade credit applicants, information which we may require to assess your credit worthiness, for example your credit or business history.
- in the case of general Website visitors and users, customer demographics information (such as age range, gender and location) obtained through various analytics tools.
How we use this data
We will use your personal information to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
Collecting this data also helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data to:
- contact you in response to a specific enquiry, complaint or product replacement request;
- to enable us to complete your order and to keep you informed of future online store promotions and direct marketing initiatives;
- For internal record keeping and/or for improving our products and services;
- To contact you via email for market research purposes where you have provided such permissions;
- To customise the website according to your interests.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards and follow procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling information about you
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never sell, lease or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside of our thetribeprojects.org domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Additionally, we may embed content or services hosted by third party websites, who may in turn store their own Cookies or collect their own information. Services regularly used on this website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Google Tag Manager